Tag Archives: authors
Join other working writers for an informative and lively discussion about setting attainable goals for the new year and what to do after you’ve hit your daily word count.
Discussion outline provided.
Whether you need some quality time
away from your regular routine
to get your book started or finished,
or an editor working on a manuscript,
or a screenwriter with the next blockbuster
WSN’s is planning a 2018 Writers Retreat!
at the Historic Boulder Dam Hotel
in charming downtown Boulder City, NV
This 4-day/3-night private getaway will include:
- free in-room wi-fi Internet access -
- a hot, made-to-order breakfast daily -
- evening meetings with other working writers to discuss challenges or read your work so that you stay inspired and never feel stuck -
- free admittance to the historic Boulder City/Hoover Dam Museum -
- an orientation tour of the unique shops, antique stores and various restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel -
- a free shuttle service to and from McCarren Airport in Las Vegas if you’re coming in from out of town and don’t want to bother with renting a car -
Dates and pricing TBA
Click here for more information
Is your writing career making it necessary for you to overcome your fears about speaking in public?
Then join us for an informative and practical workshop where you will gain real world experience speaking about yourself, your books. reading in front of a live audience and being interviewed.
This workshop will not only cover body language do’s and don’ts, but also explore aspects of how to build self-confidence to get up in front of a crowd, how to engage with your audience, syncing with your characters, relaxation tips and more.
Special Guests: actor Anthony DiMaria (Cafe Society, Deadwood, Sopranos) and toastmaster and award-winning journalist Brian Gardner.
Be sure to bring an excerpt from your work, or your favorite author’s (500-1500 words) to read and receive feedback in a supportive and friendly environment.
For more information, click here.
Space is limited. REGISTER HERE TODAY!
Join other lovers of the written word at the annual Las Vegas Valley Book Festival on Saturday October 17, 2015 from 10AM-4PM at the historic 5th Street school in downtown Las Vegas.
A host of speakers and interesting topics are scheduled throughout the day touching on all your favorite genres, including romance, mystery, true crime, sci-fi, horror, steam punk, biography as well as books, authors and topics for children and poetry lovers.
Also, there will be several panel discussions on the business of writing and what it takes to be an author in the 21st century.
Visit http://vegasvalleybookfestival.org/ for this year’s full schedule of guest speakers and topics.