PAINTED STORIES V
Sunday, April 24, 2016
inside the Jewel Box Theater
at the Clark County Public Library
(located on Flamingo Rd. just east of Maryland Pkwy.)
This is a public event that is FREE for everyone!
(“Spring Into Possibility” with former Cirque du Soleil performer and author Vital Germaine
and “Sun, Sin and Suburbia” author Geoff Schumacher
while Guest Artists Andy Williams and Svetlana Millerwill use the author’s words
as inspiration to turn blank canvas into works of art! )
ASK AN EXPERT: Anatomy of a 911 Call
Thursday, October 15 @ 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
at the Tap House on Charleston Blvd.
The Las Vegas Writers Group, in association with Writers of Southern Nevada, is proud to present an evening presentation with active duty local Las Vegas Fire & Rescue fireman Tim Symankski.
For any author working in the crime, mystery, thriller or romance genres this is a can’t miss opportunity to make your writing sparkle with intriguing details. Learn about Fire & Rescue command structure, terminology, codes and standard operating procedures in a variety of 911 scenarios from an expert!
So sharpen your pencils, check the ink in your pens, grab a notepad or charge your laptop and come on down to the Tap House with your questions for what promises to be a very informative evening!
LAS VEGAS VALLEY BOOK FESTIVAL
Saturday October 17, 2015
at the Fifth Street School
in downtown Las Vegas
Come visit our booth in the inside courtyard. We will be having a raffle for a free copy of Writers Tricks of the Trade and talking about upcoming events and writing contests. Members are welcome to display copies of their books and share their news too!
2015 Holiday Member Mixer
WSN TEAMED UP WITH LAS VEGAS WRITERS GROUP
FOR A JOINT HOLIDAY PARTY. WERE YOU THERE?
MEET AND MINGLE WITH OTHER WRITERS IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8th, 7-9 PM
BAHAMA BREEZE (corner of Flamingo and Paradise)
No host bar – We supply a bounty of appetizers!
MEMBERS FREE – GUESTS $5
2011 Memoir Writing Conference
Comments about the 2013 Fiction Writing in the Digital Age Conference:
- Had a great time at the Writing in the Digital Age Conference. Thanks to all who worked so hard on this cool event!
- Great talk from@ jeffekennedy about romance aspects of movie #Terminator and others
- Former mayor Oscar Goodman kicking off #WSNCon13 this morning with his martini and show girls in tow.
- The Wizard of ebooks making a good point about keywords!
- Eric James Miller rubbing Moriah Densley’s feet…while wearing an apron!
- @BuckleyKerri is doing “Kamakazi Cold Reads” And she’s not mean at all
- Thank you again to the #wsncon13 for the lovely cookies! What a great conference! Loved all of it!
- Very impressed by Pam van H.V. I think she loves her work.
- Had a lovely time at #wsncon13. Met Piney from Sons of Anarchy. Hung with @jeffekennedy and @gr8thepeter and others. Ate so many things.
PAINTED STORIES I AT THE BOOTLEGGER WITH GUEST ARTIST MIKE DAVIES
PAINTED STORIES II AT THE WRITERS BLOCK WITH GUEST ARTIST
PAINTED STORIES III AT THE WRITERS BLOCKS WITH GUEST ARTIST ANDY WILLIAMS